Textbooks & Other Course Materials
If you receive alternate format textbooks or electronic versions of your textbooks (e-text) as an accommodation, you can contact Channing Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help accessing those files.
Online Access to Textbooks
The following publishers are offering courseware to students who may have lost access to course materials due to a campus moving to distance learning to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wiley: https://secure.wiley.com/COVID19OpenWPAccess
- Cengage: https://www.cengage.com/covid-19-support/
- McGraw-Hill: https://www.mheducation.com/highered/support/connect/how-to-move-your-course-online
- Pearson: https://www.pearson.com/news-and-research/working-learning-online-during-pandemic.html
- Macmillan: https://www.macmillanlearning.com/college/us/content/covid19
- Elsevier: https://evolve.elsevier.com/education/educational-trends/coronavirus-resources/
- Norton: https://wwnorton.com/covid19
Important– Access to these textbooks may require your faculty member or another school representative to verify you are an enrolled student. Please contact your faculty member or Disability & Accessibility Services for additional assistance with verification.
National Emergency Library
Internet Archive has created the National Emergency Library and given all users access to its entire library of 1.4 million books in Daisy, EPUB, or PDF formats.
Distance Learning Support & Strategies
Adjusting Your Habits during COVID-19
This PDF resource gives students several tips on adapting to the challenges created by COVID-19.
My Study Life
My Study Life is a free tool that helps organize your classes, tasks, and exams.
Learn-from-Home Strategies for College Students
Several crowd-sourced ideas from college students on how to be successful learning from home.
Freedom Scientific: Temporary Home License for Zoom Text
Freedom Scientific is providing all users in the United States and Canada access to a special home license during the COVID-19 crisis free of charge. The license will work uninterrupted until June 30, 2020