Daily COVID-19 Update: May 20, 2020

Dear Bereans,

This is the update for Wednesday, May 20, 2020.

Kentucky update

While testing is increasing in the state and the number of reported new cases is fairly level, yesterday there were 20 reported deaths, I believe our highest number ever, so things are still very difficult, particularly in the nursing homes and prisons.

Boone Tavern Update

I am pleased to let you know that in line with state guidance the Boone Tavern Hotel Restaurant is re-opening for dinner this Friday evening.  They will be serving a limited number of customers under careful control.  Reservations are necessary.

Retail update

We are also working toward re-opening the Visitor Center and the Log House this weekend, again with careful controls.

Thanks so much!!!

Mrs. Roelofs and I were very surprised this noon to find that a number of very special people had lined the sidewalk in front of the President’s home with signs and decorations thanking us.  We want all of you to know who were involved in this amazing outpouring of appreciation and support just how thankful we are for each and every one of you.  This was so special and thoughtful!  (Ron Rosen already sent some pictures, so thanks to him, I can share one here.)

Stay safe and try to stay dry!

Lyle Roelofs, President