Associate Professor of Communication;
Chair of the Communication Department
At Berea since 2007
Draper Building, 208A
Virtual Office Hours
Tue: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Thur: 11 – 11:50 a.m.
- COM/PSJ 112 (Wed: 2 – 2:59 p.m.)
- COM 220 A (Wed: 11 – 11:59 a.m.)
- BA Speech Communication, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 1989
- MS Communication Studies, Texas Christian University, 2003
- PhD Communication, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2007
I’m a Texan from Dallas who is enjoying her Kentucky home. I worked for 11 years as a manager of a small business, professional speaker, and corporate trainer before returning to school for my advanced degrees, so I try to bring my “real world” experience into my teaching and advising. While I hold students to a high standard, I also do my best to help you reach it. In the classroom I’m known for discussions as well as lecture, challenging but interesting readings, lots of energy, and sudden loud noises… you have been warned…
Race/gender and popular culture, interracial communication, and police/community relations.