Lambda Pi Eta, Omicron Sigma
Lambda Pi Eta was founded in 1985 and became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988 and its official honor society in 1995. It has nearly 300 active chapters at colleges and universities worldwide. Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics. Berea’s chapter, Omicron Sigma, was founded in 2003 by Dr. Billy Wooten.
The goals of Lambda Pi Eta are to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement;
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field;
- Maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students; and explore options for further graduate studies.