Step by Step
1. Become eligible to study abroad.
2. Discuss your interests with your Academic Advisor.
- Make sure to include study abroad in your curriculum plan;
- Find out what ALE credit or perspectives you can get abroad.
3. Do your research based on your interests.
- Use our program search tools to decide among these study abroad categories:
- Visit a Peer Advisor for assistance;
- Join us at an Education Abroad Fair and connect with several study abroad program providers;
- Ask a question via email or make an appointment at email@example.com;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Apply with the CIE for permission to study abroad (and Berea scholarships);
- Choose and apply to your program provider for admission (and their scholarships).
5. Take advantage of all the financial aid opportunities.
- Check out our Berea College scholarships;
- Explore external scholarships that you may be eligible for;
- Apply for scholarships through your program provider;
- Apply for loans through Berea’s Financial Aid Office.
- Outside funding that you brought to Berea may be available to be utilized for study abroad.
- Apply for grants that will allow you to engage in travel that is not included in your program: