Step by Step
1. Become eligible to study abroad:
2. Discuss your interests with your Academic Advisor:
- Make sure to include study abroad in your curriculum plan;
- Find out what ALE credit or perspectives you can get abroad.
3. Do your research based on your interests:
- Use our program search tools to decide among these study abroad categories:
- Visit a Peer Advisor for assistance;
- Join us at the Education Abroad Fair and connect with several study abroad program providers;
- Ask a question via email or make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Apply with the CIE for permission to study abroad and financial aid;
- Choose and apply to your program provider for admission.
5. Take advantage of all the financial aid opportunities:
- Check out our Berea College scholarships;
- Explore external scholarships that you may be eligible for;
- Apply for scholarships through your program provider;
- Apply for loans through Berea’s Financial Aid Office. Outside funding that you brought to Berea may be available to be utilized for study abroad.
- Apply for grants that will allow you to engage in travel that is not included in your program:
Contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or 859-985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.