Selecting a Program
- Is there a particular country or region of the world that interests you?
- Do you want to be in a metropolis such as London or Tokyo, or would you prefer a smaller place?
- What type of institution would you like to attend—for example, would you prefer a small college like Berea, a large university, or something in between?
- Will you take classes to fulfill major, general studies or elective requirements, or a combination? (It is advisable to meet with your academic adviser for guidance on this point.)
- Do you want the independence of enrolling directly at a university abroad, or would you prefer to have the additional support that a program provider might offer?
If you are not sure about your answers to these questions, or if you want to speak with someone who has been through the process already, meet with a peer advisor. And, of course, before making your final decision about a program, be sure to meet with the Education Abroad Advisor.
Search for Programs
We will offer assistance and advice, but in the end, you are the one who picks the study abroad program and country that best match your interests. Search for semester and summer study abroad programs using one of these resources:
- Abroad Office (includes Berea College faculty-led courses and exchanges)
- A list of Berea’s Exchange Opportunities
- Especially for Foreign Language Majors and Minors
- Abroad 101 (with student reviews)
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Directories
Start by setting up your profile in Abroad Office today.
Contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or (859) 985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.