External Scholarships for Study Abroad
In addition to funding from Berea College, there are external scholarships to help pay for a term abroad. Some funds can be used for programs anywhere in the world, while others are specific to a region or country. Some scholarships are applicable only to a semester abroad, while others may be available for summer. Finally, some providers offer scholarships to participants in their programs. Please check out every possible option right away.
- Fund for Education Abroad Up to $10,000. Deadlines: mid-January for the following summer, fall, and spring of the next year.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Up to $5,000. Deadlines: early March for summer, fall, & full year; early October for spring & early-notification summer abroad.
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant $1,000 grants for students with 3.75 GPA or higher. Deadlines: February 15 for summer and fall September 15 for spring abroad.
- National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship Up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests. Deadline: Apply by January 18 through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship For humanitarian projects.
- Global Studies Foundation Student Grant Deadline: July 1.
- Generation Study Abroad Deadlines vary with each opportunity
- BrokerFish Scholarship Deadline December 21st
- Mark Twain Awards for Travel Deadline February 25th
- University Language Services Deadline April 8th
Louisville Scholarship for Summer Scholars
If you are from Louisville, KY or surrounding counties, and are interested studying abroad for a summer term, you may be eligible to apply for the Hershberg Scholarship!
- Hershberg Scholarship Deadline: Late February for following summer
- Bridging Scholarship (Japan) Deadline for Fall: early April
- JASSO Scholarship for Exchange Students (Japan) Your exchange school nominates you.
- BUTEX Scholarship (United Kingdom)
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship (Germany)
- Several scholarships (Germany)
- Freeman-ASIA (East and Southeast Asia) Recently re-launched! Up to $7,000.
- Turkey, the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), or Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
- LIVFund (Latin America) Students apply whenever but are recommended to apply 6 months prior to their departure to Latin America.
Awesome Abroad Scholarship Search Engines
- International Education Financial Aid
- Non-U.S. Citizens Scholarships Grants
Contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or (859) 985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.