External Scholarships for Study Abroad
In addition to funding from Berea College, there are external scholarships to help pay for a term abroad. Some funds can be used for programs anywhere in the world, while others are specific to a region or country. Some scholarships are applicable only to a semester abroad, while others may be available for summer. Finally, some providers offer scholarships to participants in their programs. Please check out every possible option right away.
- Fund for Education Abroad Up to $10,000. Deadlines: mid January for the following summer, fall, and spring.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Up to $5,000. Deadlines: early March for fall, full year, or early summer notification & early October for spring/summer abroad.
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant $1000 grants for students with 3.75 GPA or higher. Deadlines: February 15 for summer and fall September 15 for spring abroad.
- National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship Up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests. Deadline: Apply by January 15 through email@example.com.
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship For humanitarian projects.
- Global Studies Foundation Student Grant Deadline: July 1.
Louisville Scholarship for Summer Scholars
If you are from Louisville, KY or surrounding counties, and are interested studying abroad for a summer term, you may be eligible to apply for the Hershberg Scholarship!
- Hershberg Scholarship Deadline: Late February for following summer
- Bridging Scholarship (Japan) Deadline for Fall: early April
- JASSO Scholarship for Exchange Students (Japan) Your exchange school nominates you.
- BUTEX Scholarship (United Kingdom)
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship (Germany)
- Freeman-ASIA (East and Southeast Asia) Discontinued at last check
Awesome Abroad Scholarship Search Engines
- International Education Financial Aid
- Non-U.S. Citizens Scholarships Grants
Contact the Education Abroad Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.