Exchanges can be the most affordable study abroad options, as Berea students are often able to pay $0 tuition to their host universities abroad. Berea College has bilateral exchange agreements with the following universities around the world:
- NUI – Galway (Galway, Ireland; Spring or Fall Term)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Hirakata, Japan; Spring or Fall Term) [Course Offerings] [Syllabi]
- Kyushu University (Fukuoka, Japan; Spring Term or Academic year) [Course Offerings]
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (Penang, Malaysia; not currently operational)
The application process is very similar to that of a regular Berea Term Abroad. You need to start by applying on Abroad Office by the regular Berea deadlines: the preceding February 15 for Fall and September 15 for Spring.
- Please note that for an entire academic year at Kyushu University, the Berea deadline is February 1.
After securing a nomination from Berea, you will be invited to apply to your respective university.