Thanks to generous donations to the program, the CIE can offer a limited number of additional funds for visits to cultural and historical sites.
These funds may not be used for travel or living costs that are part of the academic program in which the student is participating. The amount awarded is variable but generally will not be more than $500. Successful applications will include a clear itinerary of proposed travel with a rationale for visiting the selected sites, a budget, and a statement about other financial resources at the student’s disposal.
Applications may be submitted online here.
The deadline is 11:59 PM on 1 November for Spring Term applications or 11:59 pm on 1 April for Fall Term applications.
- The Emilie Strong Smith Travel Grant is for semester-long programs only (Fall/Spring).
- The Wade Francis Travel Grant is available for students participating in summer abroad programs.
- Applicants must already be approved by the college to study abroad as well as accepted into their program of choice (e.g., exchange, ISA, CIS, CGEE).
- Preference is given to students who have not previously traveled abroad.
- Students can receive a Travel Grant only once (whether Emilie Strong Smith or Wade Francis).
Contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or 859-985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.