Maybe you want to study abroad, too? Come find out at our annual Education Abroad Fair!
Our 2019 Education Abroad Fair will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM in Baird Lounge (Alumni Building).
Drop by the fair to…
- Learn how you can have a rewarding experience abroad!
- Find out the winners of the latest Education Abroad Photo Contest.
- Win prizes!
- Eat good food!
- Discover Berea’s 7 exchange programs!
- Speak in person with representatives from more than a dozen study abroad program providers.
- Learn about scholarships and grants for while you are in school, like the Gilman.
- Get information about grad fellowships like the Watson, the Fulbright and the Marshall.
- Talk to people from Financial Aid.
- And much more!
Meet & Greet
Representatives from a variety of program providers, as well the Education Abroad Team and Student Financial Aid Services, will be available to answer questions about programs abroad and scholarships to pay for them. In addition, faculty members teaching in Summer KIIS programs will also be available to answer questions about their courses.
Education Abroad Photo Contest
Often times, student describe their travel abroad experiences as “transformational”. For this year’s photo contest, we want to see how study abroad has changed you! Submit an image of either people, natural wonders/locations, building, activities, etc., and give us a glimpse into your awe-inspiring study abroad experience! The image must include a quote or a short description that best encapsulates how that moment made an impact on you!
Include the following information in the caption:
- Quote and/or description of most transformational experience
- Your first and last name
- Photo Location (country)
- Include #PCBC19 on either Instagram or Facebook.
How to enter:
- Round 1: Your entry must be through Instagram or Facebook (please make sure your photo is public). Tag your picture as #PCBC19 to @cie_bc or Center for International Education Facebook page for Berea College. Your photo must get at least 25 likes to move on to Round 2.
- Round 2: A panel of judges from our faculty will determine the final first and second place winners.
Submission deadline: November 9th at noon.
Must have a minimum of 25 likes by November 9th at noon. Winners will be announced at the Education Abroad Fair.
Each student must submit only one photo.
Photo must be from a study abroad, internship abroad, or international volunteer program.
Pictures must not depict threatening, unlawful, indecent or disrespectful behavior.
Note that picture must no contain nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
Education Abroad Providers
Below is a snapshot of the providers who often exhibit at Berea’s Education Abroad Fair:
- Academic Program International (API)
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Athena Study Abroad
- CGEE Augsburg College
- CIS Abroad
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- International Institute for Scientific & Academic Collaboration
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI)
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS)
- SAI Programs
- SIT Study Abroad (World Learning)
- SOL Education Abroad
- The School for Field Studies
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)
- Gilman Alumni Booth