Our 2019 Education Abroad Fair will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM in Baird Lounge (Alumni Building).
Drop by the fair to…
- Learn how you can have a rewarding experience abroad!
- Find out the winners of the latest Education Abroad Photo Contest.
- Win prizes!
- Eat good food!
- Discover Berea’s 7 exchange programs!
- Speak in person with representatives from more than a dozen study abroad program providers.
- Learn about scholarships and grants for while you are in school, like the Gilman.
- Get information about grad fellowships like the Watson, the Fulbright and the Marshall.
- Talk to people from Financial Aid.
- And much more!
Meet & Greet
Representatives from a variety of program providers, as well the Education Abroad Team and Student Financial Aid Services, will be available to answer questions about programs abroad and scholarships to pay for them. In addition, faculty members teaching in Summer KIIS programs will also be available to answer questions about their courses.
Education Abroad Photo Contest 2018:
1. Natural Wonders/Locations: This can take the form of landscapes, bodies of water, animals, buildings, etc.
2. People: The picture will include individuals or groups, perhaps people expressing emotions or sharing a story.
3. (Wo)man-made beauty: Pictures of remarkable (wo)man-made monuments, buildings, streets, clothing items, food, etc.: in short, all kinds of human creations.
4. Silly, funny, goofy, comical: In this category, we welcome submissions of #wins and #fails that happened abroad. Make us laugh! Or die trying.
How To Enter:
Round 1: Your entry must be through Instagram (your account will have to be public). Tag your picture as #PCBC18 to @cie_bc. Your photo must get at least 25 likes to move on to Round 2.
Round 2: A panel of judges from our nominated faculty will determine the final winners in each category.
Include the following information in the caption (instructions in #5.)
2. Contest category (see above)
3. Your first and last name
4. Photo Location (country)
- Follow our Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/cie_bc
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Submissions will only be accepted until November 9th at noon
- Must have a minimum of 25 likes by November 9th at noon. Finalists from the CIE facebook contest will move forward to judging by CIE staff. Winners will be announced at Education Abroad Fair.
- Each student may submit up to one photo for each category.
- Photos must be from a study abroad, internship abroad or international volunteer program.
- Pictures must not depict threatening, unlawful, indecent or disrespectful behavior.
- Note that pictures must not contain nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
• All complete submissions that are in compliance with our Entry Rules will move to the final round of judging on November 13th.
• Judging will based on creativity, originality, lighting, subject/interest, story/mood.
• The winning photos of each category will be announced at the Education Abroad Fair in Baird Lounge. All finalist photos will be displayed at the fair.
Education Abroad Providers
Below is a snapshot of the providers who often exhibit at Berea’s Education Abroad Fair:
- Academic Program International (API)
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Athena Study Abroad
- CGEE Augsburg College
- CIS Abroad
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- International Institute for Scientific & Academic Collaboration
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI)
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS)
- SAI Programs
- SIT Study Abroad (World Learning)
- SOL Education Abroad
- The School for Field Studies
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)
- Gilman Alumni Booth