Our 2018 Education Abroad Fair will be held on Thursday, November 15, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM in Baird Lounge (Alumni Building).
Drop by the fair to…
- Learn how you can have a rewarding experience abroad!
- Win prizes!
- Eat good food!
- Learn about Berea’s 7 exchange programs!
- Speak in person with representatives from more than a dozen study abroad program providers.
- Learn about scholarships and grants for while you are in school, like the Gilman.
- Find out about post-grad fellowships like the Watson, the Fulbright and the Marshall.
- Talk to people from Financial Aid.
- Meet the winners of the latest Education Abroad Photo Contest.
- And much more!
Meet & Greet
Representatives from a variety of program providers, as well the Education Abroad Team and Student Financial Aid Services, will be available to answer questions about programs abroad and scholarships to pay for them. In addition, faculty members teaching in Summer KIIS programs will also be available to answer questions about their courses.
Education Abroad Photo Contest 2018:
1. Natural Wonders/Locations: This can take the form of landscapes, bodies of water, animals, buildings, etc.
2. People: The picture will include individuals or people expressing emotions/telling a story
How To Enter:
Share photo on your own Facebook page announcing that you are entering the Center for International Education Photo Contest before November 13th and include the following in the description.
2. Contest category (see above)
3. Your first and last name
4. Photo Location (country)
5. Include #BCPicoff & #BereaAbroad Example: Summer Fun; Landscapes; Faye Barry; Gold Coast, Australia #BCPicoff #BereaAbroad
There will be 4 prizes from local Berea stores. First place will have a $25.00 prize and 2nd place will have a $15.00 prize. Examples of prizes include gift certificates to BC&T, Berea College Book Store, Papa Lenos, and Peace Craft.
- Like our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CIEBerea
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Submissions will only be accepted until November 1st at noon
- Must have a minimum of 10 likes by November 1st at 12 noon. Finalists from the CIE facebook contest will move forward to judging by CIE staff. Winners will be announced at Education Abroad Fair
- We only accept submissions that are original works
- Each student may submit up to one digital photo for each category
- Past winners cannot submit the same photo
- Photos must be from a study abroad, internship abroad or international volunteer program
- Pictures must not depict threatening, unlawful, indecent or disrespectful behavior
- Pictures must not contain nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
• All complete submissions that are in compliance with our Entry Rules will move to the final round of judging on November 1st.
• Judging will based on creativity, originality, lighting, subject/interest, story/mood.
• The winning photos of each category will be announced at the Education Abroad Fair in Baird Lounge. All finalist photos will be displayed at the fair.
Education Abroad Providers
Below is a snapshot of the providers who often exhibit at Berea’s Education Abroad Fair:
- Academic Program International
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Athena Study Abroad
- CGEE Augsburg College
- CIS Abroad
- Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- International Institute for Scientific & Academic Collaboration
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI)
- Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS)
- SAI Programs
- SIT Study Abroad (World Learning)
- SOL Education Abroad
- The School for Field Studies
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)
- Gilman Alumni Booth