Come out and join us for any of these events!
- Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of Slavery in America — August 23 — This will be held on the patio outside the cafeteria (Rain Site: Carter G. Woodson Center in Alumni) at 5 PM.
- First Labor Meeting followed by Volunteer Extravaganza — August 27 from 5-7 PM — Students interested in volunteer work and community outreach can learn more about how to get involved with individual programs through the Fall 2019 Volunteer Extravaganza, which will be held outside of the Carter G. Woodson Center from 5-7 PM on August 27th.
- All CELTS Trainings — September 3 – 6 — All Volunteer Training
- All Bonner Meeting — September 3 — All Bonner Meeting immediately following Labor Meeting.
- ELL Training — September 6 – 8
- KY Hunger Dialogue — September 7 — You are invited to attend this annual conference, hosted this year by Kentucky State University in Frankfort. CELTS would cover the cost of the registration. Please email Ashley Cochrane by August 30 if you would like to attend.
- First-Year Bonner Retreat — September 7
- Program-Specific Volunteer Training — September 9 – 13
- Programming Starts — September 16 – 20 — Following volunteer recruitment, general training, and program-specific trainings, the CELTS student-led programs will begin the week of September 16th. More details on these different programs can be found here.
- Hunger Hurts Food Drive— October 19 & October 26 — The 2019 Hunger Hurts Food Drive bag drop-off will take place the morning of Saturday, October 19th, and the food pick-up and restocking of food bank shelves will take place the following Saturday, October 26th.
- Bonner Sophomore Exchange — November 9
- Learning through Service Expo — December 4 — Join us in Baird Lounge to learn about the community-engaged work from service-learning courses and community service programs from the fall semester, and to generate ideas for your own future projects! Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.
- Volunteer Extravaganza — January 14 – See description above.
- Service Convocation — March 19
- Empty Bowls — April 8 — Empty Bowls will be held on Wednesday, April 8th from 5:30 – 7 PM next year! We would like to give a huge thank you to our co-sponsors: Ceramics Club, Crafts Outreach Program, and Dining Services. We would love to see everyone out there, supporting our mission against hunger through this fantastic event!
- Learning through Service Expo — April 15 — See description above. Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.