Come out and Join us for any of these events!
- CELTS Volunteer Extravaganza — Tuesday, August 29 from 5 to 7 p.m. in Woodson Lounge of Alumni Building — Attend in order to learn about volunteer opportunities and to sign up to volunteer with CELTS programs (Adopt-a-Grandparent, Berea Buddies, Berea Teen Mentoring, Berea Tutoring, Habitat for Humanity, Hispanic Outreach Project, and People Who Care). Contact Sarah Rohrer for more information.
- Kentucky Hunger Dialogue — Saturday, September 30 — Sponsored by Kentucky Campus Compact, hosted by Berea College CELTS. The Kentucky Hunger Dialogue will rally college students and others interested in eliminating hunger to take action. This year’s gathering, “Asset-Based Responses to Hunger,” will highlight successful programs already at work in our communities. Alongside non-profit and state agencies, students from colleges and universities across the commonwealth will spend the day networking, learning, and building coalitions. The Kentucky Hunger Dialogue will present tools for engagement with hunger on three levels: emergency response, food systems, and policy change. There will be no cost for Berea College faculty, staff, and students to attend; group registration will be available. Click here to register.
- 25th Annual Hunger Hurts Food Drive — Bag drop-off, Saturday, October 21 ; Food pick-up!, Saturday, October 28 — Join us for this community-wide effort to stock the shelves of the Berea Community Food Bank. Contact Sheila Lyons for more information. Contact Sarah Rohrer for more information.
- Kentucky Engagement Conference – Civil Dialogue: Approaches and Applications — Friday, November 3 (off-campus location TBA, probably Louisville area) — This Kentucky Campus Compact-sponsored conference is designed for faculty, staff, and students. We will share additional information as it is available. Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.
- Learning through Service Expo — Wednesday, November 29 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Baird Lounge of Alumni Building — Join us to learn about the community-engaged work from service-learning courses and community service programs from the fall semester. Attend to learn and to generate ideas for future projects. Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.
- Dr. Andrea Woodward will be the Service-Learning Faculty Fellow this year, joining us in developing civic engagement programming and resources. The Faculty Fellow also helps to implement service-learning programming, including faculty development programs like the summer Service-Learning Course Design Seminar.
- FACULTY ONLY Friday, September 8 from 11:45 am to 1 p.m. in Stephenson Hall 208 (CELTS Arts and Crafts Room) – Lunch and Conversation: Student civic engagement across the disciplines. RSVP and send dietary restrictions to Sheila_Lyons@berea.edu by Wednesday, September 6.
- Start-of-the-Academic-Year Waffle Breakfast for faculty and staff! — Friday, August 29 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. more details soon.
- 1) Volunteer Training:
- Wednesday, Aug 30th- 4:00 to 5:00PM
- Thursday, Aug 31st- 6:00-7:00PM