Come out and join us for any of these events!
- Volunteer Extravaganza — August 28— Students interested in volunteer work and community outreach can learn more about how to get involved with individual programs through the Fall 2018 Volunteer Extravaganza, which will be held outside of the Carter G. Woodson Center from 5-7pm on August 28th.
- All-CELTS Trainings —September 5 & 6 — Mandatory volunteer trainings will occur 8-9pm September 5th, and 4:30-5:30pm September 6th in the Activities room (214).
- Program-Specific Trainings — September 10-13 — Mandatory Program-Specific trainings will begin on the week of the 10th and occur during these times:
- Hispanic Outreach Program (HOP) — Monday, September 10th from 6-8pm in the Connector.
- Adopt-a-Grandparent (AGP) — Monday, September 10th from 5-7:30pm in the room 208.
- Berea Buddies — Monday, September 10th from 6-7pm and Tuesday, September 11th from 6-7pm in room 214.
- Berea Tutoring — Tuesday, September 11th from 5-6pm and Wednesday, September 12th from 6-7pm in the tutoring room.
- Habitat for Humanity — Thursday, September 13th from 5:30-6:30pm in room 214.
- Berea Teen Mentoring (BTM) — Thursday, September 13th from 5-7pm in room 208.
- Programs Start — September 18-21 — Following volunteer recruitment, general training, and program-specific trainings, the CELTS student-led programs will begin the week of September 18th. More detail on these different programs can be found here.
- Hunger Hurts Food Drive— October 27 & November 3 — The 2018 Hunger Hurts food drive bag drop-off will take place the morning of Saturday, October 27th, and the food pick-up and restocking of food bank shelves will take place the following Saturday, November 3rd.
- Service Expo —November 28 — Join us in Baird Lounge to learn about the community-engaged work from service-learning courses and community service programs from the fall semester, and to generate ideas for your own future projects! Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.
- Empty Bowls — March 20 — Empty Bowls will be held on Wednesday, March 20th from 5:30-7pm this year! We would like to give a huge thank you to our co-sponsors: Ceramics Club, Crafts Outreach Program, and Dining Services. We would love to see everyone out there, supporting our mission against hunger through this fantastic event!
- Service Expo — April 17 — See description above. Contact Ashley Cochrane for more information.