Through this program, the CCC provides its Student Chaplains with opportunities for growth in areas of religious and spiritual leadership. This includes learning and developing skills in peer counseling, programming, leadership, interfaith dialogue and religious education.
Student Chaplains should possess the following qualifications and fulfill their responsibilities in the following ways:
- Be a positive representative of their faith,
- Exhibit authenticity, credibility and trustworthiness,
- Maintain personal integrity and consistent character,
- Maintain good academic standing,
- Seek help, guidance, education and training relevant to their position,
- Practice a compassionate presence and hospitality to students of all races, religions and backgrounds,
- Listen attentively to and empathize with others,
- Display the capacity for meaningful dialogue,
- Have the ability to organize and lead groups,
- Assist the CCC with programs and worship services, and
- Serve as liaisons between the CCC, students and Residential Life staff.
If you have questions about the Student Chaplain program, contact Rev. Dr. LeSette Wright.