The Campus Christian Center (CCC) supervises the Student Chaplain/Interfaith Ambassador Program. In this primary labor position, the students serve as spiritual resources to students throughout the campus. The CCC Student Team members provide opportunities for dialogue about:
- Issues of faith
- General life questions
Click here for a complete listing of our Student Team.
Our Student Team is an integral part of the CCC. They provide peer counseling and support as well as refer students to the professional College Chaplains, College Counselors or other College resources as needed. Student Chaplains and Interfaith Ambassadors provide leadership through service, example and spiritual/religious programming. They help develop environments which promote:
- social and
- intellectual growth in the lives of students.
As representatives of the CCC and the College, our CCC Student Team exhibit the inclusive hospitality that Berea College practices toward people of many different religious traditions or no religious tradition.
Through this program, the CCC provides its Student Team with opportunities for growth in areas of religious and spiritual leadership. This includes learning and developing skills in peer counseling, programming, leadership, interfaith dialogue and religious education.
The Student Team members should possess the following qualifications and fulfill their responsibilities in the following ways:
- Be a positive representative of their faith,
- Exhibit authenticity, credibility and trustworthiness,
- Maintain personal integrity and consistent character,
- Maintain good academic standing,
- Seek help, guidance, education and training relevant to their position,
- Practice a compassionate presence and hospitality to students of all races, religions and backgrounds,
- Listen attentively to and empathize with others,
- Display the capacity for meaningful dialogue,
- Have the ability to organize and lead groups,
- Assist the CCC with programs and worship services, and
- Serve as liaisons between the CCC, students and Residential Life staff.
If you have questions about the Student Chaplain or Interfaith Ambassador program, contact Rev. Loretta Reynolds, D. Theol.