Fairchild, the oldest building on campus, erected in 1872, was the first brick building in this area. In addition to serving as a residence hall, it also accommodates offices of Labor on the ground level. This residence hall houses upper-class women. Fairchild is in a very central location. It is right next door to the Alumni Building, which houses many campus organizations and Dining Services. It is also next to Woods-Penniman (Woods-Penn) which houses the College Crossroads Cafe and the College Post Office (CPO).
- Date Built: 1872
- Square Feet: 36,864
- 72 Residents
- Two residential floors
- Single and Double Occupancy Rooms
- Air Conditioned
- Carpeted hallways and lounges and tiled floor in rooms
- Kitchen – There is a kitchen located on each floor
- Laundry – There are two laundry facilities on the second and third floors
- Restrooms – There are common restrooms on each floor
- Lounges – There is a formal lounge and lobby on the main floor, TV lounges on the second and third floors, and study lounges on the first and third floors.
- Hall Staff – There are six student staff members (R.A. Staff) that live in the hall.
- Career Development
- Labor Program Office
- Office of the Vice President for Labor and Student Life
- People Services (formerly Human Resources)
- Student Payroll
We cannot display this gallery