We occasionally secure limited funding for participant scholarships to the Annual Institute through our grant partners, whose generous support provides for the following 2014 scholarship programs.
To determine scholarship funding, consideration is given to geographic distribution, promoting new participation, demonstrated effectiveness with previous development efforts, and other eligibility factors as outlined in the individual program guidelines, accessible through the links below.
If you are interested in assembling a community team, Brushy Fork staff are available to identify contacts and facilitate partnerships in your community. For assistance, please call 859.985.3858.
|Brushy Fork Leadership Curriculum||Community Team (2)||4||$500 per community team||50% of actual costs, limited to $400 max per team|
|KY-ARC Flex-E-Grant||Community Team (3)||25||$750 per team||50% of actual costs, limited to $500 max per team|
|ARDPI||Community Team (2)||5||$1050 per team||Reimbursement of actual costs, limited to $600 max per team.|
|Berea College Appalachian Fund Scholarships||Individual / Organization||10||$400 per individual||N/A|
Other Sources of Funding
If you do not qualify for any of the scholarship funds listed above, there may be other avenues of funding available. Below are some suggestions:
- Seek sponsoring organizations.
- Partner with others who support your cause.
- If you are a member of an organization’s board, ask the organization to provide you with training to improve your input as a board member.
- Challenge organizations and agencies in your community to support leadership opportunities for local citizens.
- Ask for funding from special grant initiatives for nonprofit organizations.