We occasionally secure limited funding for participant scholarships to the Annual Institute through collaborations with partner agencies.
The following table provides details about our 2016 scholarship programs.
|Scholarship Program||Scholarship Type||Application Deadline||Scholarship Award||Your Cost||Lodging Credit|
|Kentucky ARC Distressed County Team||3-Person Community Team||Rolling Basis||$275 per person||$250 per person||50% of actual costs. Reimbursement is limited to a $500 maximum per team.|
|Berea College Appalachian Fund Scholarships||Individual||Rolling Basis||$400 per person||$50 per person||Not Applicable|
|Social Enterprise Scholarships||Individual||Rolling Basis||$400 per person||$125 per person||Not Applicable|
|Kentucky ARC Regional Opportunity Scholarships||Individual||Rolling Basis||$250 per person||$275 per person||50% of actual costs, limited to a $150 maximum|
|Promise Zone Opportunity Youth||Individual (Ages 16-24)||Rolling Basis||Full Registration Scholarship||$0||Lodging & Travel Support Provided|
|West Virginia Youth Leadership||Individual||Rolling Basis||Variable Amount||Variable Amount||Variable Amount|
|Berea College Service Scholars Program||Individual||Rolling Basis||Full Registration Scholarship||$0||Not Applicable|
Other Sources of Funding
If you do not qualify for any of the scholarship funds listed above, there may be other avenues of funding available. Below are some suggestions:
- Seek sponsoring organizations.
- Partner with others who support your cause.
- If you are a member of an organization’s board, ask the organization to provide you with training to improve your input as a board member.
- Challenge organizations and agencies in your community to support leadership opportunities for local citizens.
- Request funding from special grant initiatives for nonprofit organizations.