Early Bird Session Leader: Mark Nigro
Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
Mark Twain, humorist, novelist
This session will engage participants with a series of hands-on, interactive activities designed to promote camaraderie and activate collaboration. Folks – we’re going to have some fun!
In the process, we’ll explore how group activities can be designed to energize community relationships, establish norms for effective communication, and pave the way for creative problem solving. When people are having fun together, and take time to identify important ingredients for successful collaboration, they form a solid foundation for successful collaboration.
Be prepared for light movement (walking) and light-hearted learning, and bring your curiosity and sense of play.
Participants will receive a handout with learning points about teamwork and motivation, and resources for further explanation.
What can I expect to learn?
- How games and community activities can strengthen groups
- A number of easy-to-facilitate team building activities
- Two theoretical models for examining teamwork / collaboration
- Considerations for effective group facilitation
- Considerations for designing your own community development program using group activities.