Forms & Instructions for Banner Account Requests
Instructions on How to Complete a Banner Access Application Form
Overview of the Process
Access to the Banner Administrative system may not be granted until the following requirements have been fulfilled:
- Read the Banner Security & Access Policy.
- Complete the Banner Access Form and acquire all necessary signatures.
- Send completed and printed access form to Josh Pangborn at CPO 2208.
Completing the Form
Please fill out form completely as detailed below. Incomplete forms will be returned to the requester.
- Full Name: Last Name, First Name, Middle Name/Initial
- College ID Number (B#): Your college ID number found on your ID card.
- Job Title: Your official job title.
- Department: The title of your department or program.
- CPO: Your current CPO.
- Phone: Your college phone number.
- Network Username: your network/e-mail username
- Account Actions:
- You must choose only one of these:
- Create: To create a new account.
- Modify: To make any changes to an existing account.
- Deactivate: To lock and expire an existing account.
- Optionally, you may choose to add or replace access from another Banner account to this one by specifying a username in this section and choosing only one of these:
- Add access from: To add access from the Banner account username specified below this button.
- Replace access with: To remove all access on this account and replace it with access from the Banner account username specified below this button.
- Optionally, you may choose to add or remove Nolij access to this one by specifying a username from where to copy the access and choosing only one of these:
- Add Nolij: To add Nolij access from the account username specified below this button.
- Remove Nolij: To remove all Nolij access from this account.
- You must choose only one of these:
- Notes / Student Banner Username: Specify any non-standard Banner account username in this box (e.g., STUAVP, REGSTU, etc.).
- Objects: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). You must specify Query or Maintenance access for each object listed by choosing an “M” or “Q” in the box for each object. If these are not supplied, the form will be returned.
- Classes: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). Examples of some classes are ADSAS_STUDENT, PURCHASING_FOR_DEPARTMENTS, etc.
- Org / Fund: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). You must include all org and fund finance accounts in this area or with an attached sheet if additional space is needed. Org / Fund access will not be granted if none are specified.
Copying Access from another Banner Account
When requesting to add or replace access from another Banner account, the request requires signatures in the Liaison Signatures area for each object, class, and/or org and fund that the source Banner account contains. If you need assistance with determining what this access is, please contact
- Print Employee Name: Your printed name.
- Employee Signature: Your signature.
- Date: The date you signed the Employee Signature area.
- Print Supervisor Name: Your printed supervisor’s name.
- Supervisor Signature: Your supervisor’s signature.
- Date: The date your supervisor signed the Supervisor Signature area.
- Liaison Signatures Required: Signature(s) of each liaison from which you are requesting access (e.g., if you are requesting Student and Finance access, you would need signatures from both liaisons). See below for reference on liaison module responsibilities.
|Object Prefix||Department||Functional Liaison|
|Alumni / College relations||Sue Johns|
|General||Supervisor or other as needed|
|Position Control (HR – Payroll)||Steve Lawson|
|Financial Aid||Theresa Lowder|
|Accounts Receivable (Finance)||Sara Clements|
|? – Second letter is object prefix to be used above|
Submitting the Form
In order to be compliant with audit guidelines, only printed forms can be submitted. E-mail and electronic submissions cannot be accepted.
Please return the completed, printed form to:
Systems Implementation and Integration Analyst
Draper, Room 106