The application process and funding is administered by the Loyal Jones Appalachian Center. Applicants will receive e-mail notification of approval/denial of their request.
No more than $250 will be distributed to an individual student per academic year.
- LJAC Funding Application [Save PDF document to your computer, then fill it out]
The LJAC has funding available to students for specific kinds of educational experiences. In order to receive funding you must:
- Submit the official application for LJAC Funding via email to Chris Green, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject heading: “LJAC Student Funding”
- Use the funding for educational travel, conferences, or research. This can be related to a class, or a personal pursuit, but it must be a primarily educational experience.
- The experience must also relate to Appalachia.
- You must submit your application at least 3 weeks in advance in order to receive funds in a timely manner.
- You must submit a 500 word essay reflecting on your experience, within 30 days of the experience. If an essay is not submitted, further funding will not be available in the future.