Berea had its first Alumni Association President in 1910. In 1924, a handful of alumni formed the first Alumni Office. Since then, the Association has grown into an organization of more than 17,000 former students governed by the Alumni Executive Council which serves in an advisory role to the Office of Alumni Relations.
Its duties are:
- Represent and promote the best interest of Berea College, its mission, and the Great Commitments
- Support alumni fundraising efforts
- Promote fellowship and social activity among alumni
- Promote communication and provide information among alumni and develop opportunities for dialogue between the membership and other segments of the Berea College Community.
- Attend council meetings, typically scheduled twice a year during Summer Reunion and Homecoming.
- Serve on one or more committees as assigned. Standing committees include: Awards, Nominating, and Fundraising.