AmeriCorps VISTA term is a 12-month term to run August, 2018 – July, 2019. Candidate MUST be able to commit to the full year of service. During the term of service a living allowance of $12,331 will be paid. Successful completion of the term of service also comes with an education award ($5,920) or a cash stipend ($1,500). In addition, health care, child care assistance, and relocation assistance are available to those who qualify. Preference will be given to candidates who apply before June 7th, but applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Candidates who do not submit cover letter & resume will not be considered.
For questions, please contact Taryn Henning at email@example.com.
Provide assistance to enhance implementation and growth of the Volunteer Program for a 17-county region
- Complete in-office administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Receiving and filing volunteer paperwork
- Managing the monthly volunteer coverage calendar
- Seeking out continuing education opportunities for volunteers
- Assist in orchestration and facilitation of volunteer training
- Secure training venue
- Secure food donations
- Seek out new opportunities for volunteer recruitment
- Represent the agency at volunteer recruitment opportunities
- Create and execute personal project to help build capacity of Volunteer Program
- Other duties as assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work flexible hours, may include evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to work well in a team setting while also being able to work independently
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Proven multi-tasking, organizational and time/decision management skills
- Willingness to take an intersectional, anti-oppression approach to their work and have a basic understanding of privilege
- Ability to pass a background and reference check
- Experience with community engagement, volunteering, and/or teaching preferred
- Knowledge of/interest in dynamics of trauma and impact of sexual violence preferred
- Must be at least 20 years old
- Must have reliable access to a motor vehicle with current insurance and driver’s license
Physical demands, work environment, and equipment used
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The duties of this position are performed in a typical administrative office environment but may also require traveling. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level of the environment is usually minimal.