Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruit and train new volunteers.
2. Share the responsibility of Family DNA Court coverage.
3. Supervise, consult and assist CASAs in the preparation of cases for court and for their provision of on-going advocacy services.
4. Assure reports prepared by CASA volunteers are reviewed, professionally written, typed, reproduced and delivered (within the prescribed time) to all relevant parties.
5. Assure the maintenance of case files and volunteer reports.
6. Enter volunteer, children and court information and statistical information into database system.
7. Make a minimum of monthly personal contact with each assigned volunteer, more often as need determined by volunteer, case and/or staff.
8. Ensure that case files are returned and closure forms are completed at the close of each case.
9. Conduct exit interviews with volunteers leaving the program.
10. Assist with preparation and participation in special events, fundraising and other development activities as needed to represent the program.
11. Assist in organizing, facilitating and conducting pre-service and in-service trainings for volunteers.
12. Assist in development of training programs and training material.
13. Assist in matching volunteers with cases.
14. Assist with yearly survey forms for volunteers, partners and children served.
15. Assist in volunteer appreciation events.
16. Assist in screening and interviewing new volunteers.
17. Ensure that National and KY CASA standards and statutes are met.
18. Any other reasonable duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Volunteer Coordinator position: Bachelors of Arts in Social Work or related field, plus state licensure if applicable. Experience in child welfare system, court system and/or supervision of volunteers preferred. Experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Conditions of Employment: Flexible schedule includes regular office hours and frequent evening and weekend work. Must have daily transportation in order to attend meetings, court, facilitate home visits and represent CASA at other functions.
To apply submit a resume, cover letter and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This position is contingent on grant allocation