Plant Management Trainee Program (OMT)
The Plant/Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program provides relevant experience to acquire management skills (leadership, teambuilding, interpersonal), technical skills (production management controls, operational processes, and metrics) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to improve production, reduce waste, or the like.
The program is 12 months and includes rotations through various roles within the facilities you are assigned. Our OMT’s participate in several activities through the program including social events, philanthropy activities, networking and team building events. We are focused on building future leaders and provide hands on and classroom training for all of our participants.
Our OMT program offers competitive pay, benefits and tuition repayment for current student loans.
- Functions as a salaried member of the management team.2. Acquires knowledge to include administrative functions, manpower reports, disciplinary procedures, budget, production processes and requirements while contributing ideas and recommendations for continuous improvement.3. Develops an understanding of the team process using the criteria: establishing common mission/goals of all team members; providing clear role definition of team members; encouraging shared accountabilities; implementing effective team procedures and processes, giving and receiving feedback, problem solving, decision making, employing coaching and effective communications; ensuring team “spirit”; and providing recognition for team accomplishments.4. Implements the policies of the Quality Improvement Process with the team/department.
5. Monitors the performance of the team to ensure goals are attained and graphs results for display and presentation at briefings and/or meetings.
6. Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Perdue values.
7. Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants which may include the Hatchery, Feed Mill, Live Production, Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments.
8. Completes projects related to cost-reduction or improved performance.
9. Attends learning events/activities including on-ground classes, web-based instruction, and e-learning platforms.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience is required.
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
3. When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
- Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Apply here: https://www.perduefarms.com/careers/