Berea’s Academic Requirements
Admission to Berea College is academically competitive. We have a limited number of spaces in each year’s entering class, so we are looking for students who have strong academic potential and financial need.
Most of our students score between 20 and 30 on the ACT (1410 -1980 SAT) and have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 in a strong college prep curriculum. Students may take either the ACT or SAT.
We also consider other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation. We strongly recommend the following high school curriculum:
- Four (4) units of English (including composition, rhetoric, and literature)
- Three (3) units of Mathematics (at least Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry)
- Two (2) units of Laboratory Science
- Two (2) units of Social Science/History (including World History)
- Two (2) units of foreign language
High school transcripts and official score reports are required for the evaluation of academic qualifications.