The deadline for transfer applications was March 15, 2017. To access your previous application and Admissions decisions for completed applicants, click here.
*The average successful transfer applicant to Berea College has a college GPA of 3.25. Students with less than a 2.5 college GPA in the last 24 hours of college credit are ineligible for admission to Berea College.
- Berea College Application for Admission and Scholarship. There is no fee to apply to Berea.*The deadline for transfer applications is March 15, 2017.
- Official High School Transcript or GED results.
- Official ACT or SAT scores (ACT COMPASS not accepted). This requirement is waived for applicants who present an official transcript showing grades (taken in the last 10 years) for at least 24 semester hours of college credit at a regionally accredited institution.
- Two (2) Transfer Evaluation and Endorsement Forms. These should be completed by a current/former teacher, college professor, principal, or other school administrator. If you haven’t been recently enrolled, your Evaluation and Endorsement can come from professionals in non-educational fields. Please note that general recommendations submitted on letterhead or in other forms will not fulfill this official requirement, but will be used to supplement your application file.
- Official College Transcript(s) directly to the Berea College Office of Admissions from each institution attending/attended.
- Statement of Good Standing from all previously attended institutions.
- Financial information in the form of the FAFSA
- Financial Resource Questionnaire (FRQ), which determines if you meet the financial eligibility requirement.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION TIPS AND TRICKS
- The deadline for Fall 2017 applications is March 15, 2017. Incomplete applications as of March 16 will be denied admission. Berea College does not offer Spring or Summer admission to transfer students.
- Students who have attempted college-level coursework must have official copies of all transcripts sent to the Admissions Office, even if you do not wish to transfer credit. Failure to report previous college-level work may affect a pending offer of admission. In no case is any student who has earned an undergraduate degree eligible for admission.
- Credit is awarded for every college-level course completed at a regionally accredited institution with a grade of C or better provided the work has been completed within 10 years from the date you plan to begin study at Berea College. Credits earned as part of a certificate program are not transferrable.
Semester or quarter hours will be translated to Berea credits using the following conversion: 1 Berea Credit = 4 Semester Hours, 1 Berea Credit = 6 Quarter Hours. Though courses may not yield one full credit, they may still be eligible to meet requirements. To be eligible to meet requirements, a course must bear at least 3 semester hours or 4.5 quarter hours.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR KCTCS STUDENTS
On April 6, 2010, Berea College signed a Memorandum of Agreement regarding the transfer of students from the following KCTCS schools to Berea:
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Big Sandy Community & Technical College
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College
- Bowling Green Technical College
- Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
- Gateway Community & Technical College
- Hazard Community & Technical College
- Henderson Community College
- Hopkinsville Community College
- Jefferson Community & Technical College
- Madisonville Community College
- Maysville Community & Technical College
- Owensboro Community & Technical College
- Somerset Community College
- Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College