Below you’ll find complete application instructions for a first-time college student who has not attended another institution of higher education after graduating high school or earning a GED.
1. Apply for Free Online
Complete the Berea College Application for Admission. There is no application fee.
3. School Counselor Evaluation Form
If your counselor has already completed a similar form (Common App, Scoir, etc), they may upload it using our online form.
4. Teacher Recommendation
There are 3 ways to submit a Teacher Recommendation.
- Ask a teacher from a core subject area English/Language Arts, Math, Science, History/Social Studies, Foreign Language to complete the Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Give a core teacher this PDF and ask them to complete and return to the Office of Admissions by email: email@example.com
- You may submit a recommendation letter written on your behalf by a teacher from one of these core subject areas by uploading to your student portal.
A core teacher is defined as someone who has taught you in any of the following subject areas: English/Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies/History, Foreign Language.
5. Official Test Scores (optional)
There are two ways to submit official test scores:
- Visit actstudent.org (ACT scores) or collegeboard.org (SAT scores) to send your official scores to us. Our ACT school code is 1492 and SAT school code is 1060.
- Ask your school counselor to email a copy of your full score report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berea College’s application process for Fall 2023 will be test score optional. Students who believe their scores are an accurate representation of their ability should submit them. Learn more about test score optional at Berea.
Our application process is competitive, and we want you to succeed! You may upload application boosters to your application portal. Here are a few ways you can give your application that extra edge:
1. Recommendation letters:
While we only require one to complete your application file, we are happy to hear from any teachers, coaches, and mentors who are willing to brag on you.
2. Personal Statement:
What makes you unique? Why is Berea perfect for you? Share a personal statement of 500(ish) words with your Admissions Counselor so we can get to know you better.
3. College Resume:
Now’s your chance to brag on yourself! Share with us all of your accomplishments, awards, work experience, or extracurricular activities.
4. Visit Campus:
Whether you attend one of our campus visit events or visit us on a weekday, you’ll boost your application file and see our beautiful campus for yourself.
5. Quick Completion:
Complete your entire application file in 30 days or less, and you’ll instantly boost your chances of being admitted.