Make Your Summer Count at Berea!
Summer Term 2020 Dates
Four-Week May Term: Monday, May 11-Friday, June 5 (View planned schedule offering course descriptions-Available in early January)
Seven-Week Summer Term: Monday, June 8-Friday, July 24
(View planned schedule of offerings-HERE)
Experience Summer at Berea College
- Earn up to 3.25 credits during the summer term and take advantage of the opportunity to get a jump-start on a major, get ahead, or catch up on requirements.
- Focus on intensive and innovative courses covering a variety of subjects during the Four-Week May Term.
- Enrich your perspective by enrolling in departmental introductory or survey courses, many of which meet General Education Perspectives during the Seven-Week Summer Term.
- Financial Aid for students taking classes will be similar to aid a student would receive during the regular Fall and Spring terms.
- View estimated charges for summer-COMING SOON.
- On Campus Housing (optional)
- View estimated charges for housing-COMING SOON.
Summer Terms Overview
Four-Week May Term
- Designed for students to take 1 full credit course
- Registration will begin 7:00 AM on Monday, February 3.
- Registration PIN will not be required for summer registration
- There can be no holds on a student’s account in order to register
- Summer labor position will not be required at time of registration but must be secured by March 30
Seven-Week Summer Term
- Designed for students to take up to 2.25 credits
- Full credit and 1/4 credit HHP courses available
- Registration takes place concurrently with Spring Registration (Nov. 4-Nov. 13)
- Summer labor position will not be required at time of registration but must be secured by March 30.
For each Summer Term (May-term or Seven-week session) students must:
- Be in attendance beginning with the first day of class (or have received approval from the instructor to be absent) and
- Have an account balance
- that is paid in full before the first day of class for off-campus classes or
- that will be resolved by visiting Student Financial Aid Services, signing up for a payroll deduction, or completing a parent payment plan.
Students who are administratively dropped from summer classes for failure to confirm will be charged a $50 drop fee. In addition, all students must provide a current address and phone number prior to the first day of the summer labor contract.
Please remember that all student accounts must be paid in full by August 1st.