Make Your Summer Count at Berea!
Summer Term 2021 Dates
Four-Week Term: May 26, 2021-June 25, 2021
Nine-Week Summer Term: May 26, 2021-July 27, 2021
View planned schedule offering and course descriptions HERE.
For current course availability, view the Dynamic Schedule HERE.
Experience Summer at Berea College
- Earn up to 3.00 credits during the summer term and take advantage of the opportunity to get a jump-start on a major, get ahead, or catch up on requirements.
- Focus on intensive and innovative courses covering a variety of subjects during the Four-Week Term.
- Enrich your perspective by enrolling in departmental introductory or survey courses, many of which meet General Education Perspectives during the Nine-Week Term.
- Financial Aid for students taking classes will be similar to aid a student would receive during the regular Fall and Spring terms.
- View estimated charges for summer-HERE.
- On Campus Housing-All courses will be taught in the distance learning format. Any student who has an extenuating circumstance may receive special permission to stay on campus during the summer. View the estimated cost of room and board-HERE.
General Academic Information
- Students may take up to 1.25 credit in the Four-Week May Session.
- Students may take up to 3.00 credits in the Nine-Week Summer Session.
- Students cannot combine enrollment across the two terms.
- Students cannot participate in an internship and take a Nine-Week Summer course.
Summer Terms Overview
Four-Week Term-All Summer 2021 courses will be taught remotely.
- Designed for students to take 1 full credit course
Nine-Week Summer Term-All Summer 2021 courses will be taught remotely.
- Designed for students to take up to 3 credits
- Full credit and 1/4 credit HHP courses available
Students who are administratively dropped from summer classes for failure to confirm will be charged a $50 drop fee. In addition, all students must provide a current address and phone number prior to the first day of the summer labor contract.
Please remember that all student accounts must be paid in full by August 1st.