Labor Program Council
The Labor Program Council advises and assists the Vice President for Labor and Student Life and the Dean of Labor in interpreting and applying the vision for the Student Labor Program. It works to sustain the vision by providing opportunities for the Berea College community to reflect on local and global issues in the world of work.
In keeping with the charge given by the Executive Council, the LPC will continue to advise and assist the Vice President for Labor and Student Life and the Dean of Labor in interpreting and applying the vision for the Student Labor Program.
The LPC will have the following priorities for the 2012-2013 academic year:
- Assist the Labor Program Office with its major processes and initiatives, including the following:
- Analysis of student feedback reported by the Labor Experience Evaluation
- Refinement of specific elements of the Labor Experience Evaluation
- Consider ways to include the Labor Program more explicitly in student Graduation Ceremonies
- Explore ways the Student Labor Program can better incorporate sustainability practices
- The LPC will convene hearing boards for grievances that cannot be resolved through administrative channels and for suspension appeals where the student chooses an appeal by committee. In addition to appeals and hearings, the council also reviews and approves WLS level 6 positions and job descriptions for student supervisors.
|Mark Nigro||From People Services who provides training for Labor & other supervisors, Chairperson|
|_____________||(13) Working supervisor/mentor, College Faculty member|
|Clara Chapman||(14) Working supervisor/mentor, General Faculty (non-College Faculty) member, exempt classification|
|September Hall||(15) Working supervisor/mentor, General Faculty (non-College Faculty) member, non-exempt classification|
|Darlene Stocker||Involved with allocation of student labor positions|
|David Slinker||From Labor Office who is responsible for training and assessment within the Labor Program|
|David Tipton||Dean of Labor (ex officio)|
|Daniel Carpintero||Student representative|
|Ability Kakama||Student representative|