Motor Pool Procedures
All correspondence to Motor Pool must be done by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , as all requests, changes, and cancellations are filed for future reference.
For easy use of Motor Pool, please follow these simple steps:
- E-mail motor pool with your request.
- Motor Pool will respond Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. with the approval or to notify you if there are any problems with the reservation.
- All requests must come from the staff/faculty/club advisors e-mail account, as this gives us approval to charge the account number given.
NOTE: All employees and students are required to complete the “Authorization Application”, (provided on our website) prior to operating a Berea College owned, leased or rented vehicle. Once you have submitted the application, there is no need to do another one as we will automatically recheck every 6 months.Each Motor Pool vehicle key packet has the registration and insurance card in it. If this information is missing, please notify Motor Pool at 859-985-3824.
- In order to pick up a vehicle the driver must present a valid driver’s license. Those under 26 must also present a valid defensive driving card (see Defensive Driving Program for more information).
- When returning a vehicle, you must park it in the reserved Motor Pool parking spaced (located in Lower Woods Penn parking lot). Parking in non–marked spaces will result in an additional charge.
Failure to comply with Motor Pool regulations will result in a charge to the sponsoring department’s account. Fines will be imposed for any of the following:
- Losing Motor Pool keys. –New Key Cost
- Trash left inside the vehicle. –$10.00
- Failure to record beginning & ending mileage on the yellow ticket (given to the drive at the time the vehicle is picked up). –$10.00
- Not returning the yellow ticket. –$10.00
- Failure to cancel a reservation. –$10.00
- Not refueling a vehicle before returning it to Motor Pool. –$10.00
- Late return of the vehicle, vehicle keys, or fuel card. –$10.00