- It is great to get outdoors regularly and experience nature and the weather.
- Our forebearers at Berea were incredibly fit and determined people. We will have to run/walk very long distances to match their achievements.
- Almost anyone can get fit – it just takes time and dedication. Gradually increasing your distance and speed can produce amazing results, if you are patient and careful about it.
- Research has shown that running improves academic performance — even in calculus!
- Running also improves your persistence and determination.
- Although it is not particularly fair, our culture provides greater opportunity to those who are fit, another reason it is worth investing the effort.
- The 4-year college experience is an opportunity to transform yourself; the academic opportunities at Berea are fabulous, and we will ensure that you work hard to achieve your best in that area. Your personal fitness and wellness is also extremely important to the rest of your life, and here we only offer opportunity and encouragement — it is up to you to commit to the necessary work.
- Paying attention to wellness and achieving fitness will have tremendous benefits to your health and quality of life.
- We will invite other experts to run/walk with us to add interest to our runs.
- President Roelofs will share an inspirational insight at the start of every run (or invite someone else to do so).