- August 9, 2013
Berea College is recruiting for an individual to serve as the Office Design Assistant. This position’s primarily responsibilities will be split between office coordination, student coordination and supervision to assure productivity, rudimentary layout and design support to Graphic Designers.
Requirements of the position are:
- High school diploma
- Two years’ related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic layout and design skills or experience
- Basic knowledge of In-Design or Photoshop
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, reach with hands and arms and walk long distances
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate high speed duplicating equipment, copiers/color copiers, digital duplicators, and bindery equipment
- College degree preferred
An Application to Join the College Staff is required for consideration for this position as is a detailed letter of interest and a current resume. Qualified applicants may obtain an application by downloading the application on line at http://www.berea.edu/people-services/how-to-apply. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Berea College, in light of its mission in the tradition of impartial love and social equality, welcomes all peoples of the earth to learn and work here. Employment decisions are based on training, education and experience related to the requirements of the job. All applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.