PartnerCorps AmeriCorps Member
Berea College is recruiting for individuals to serve as PartnerCorps AmeriCorps Member(s) in Leslie and Knox counties. The members will be committed to turning around low performing schools and ensuring the young people enrolled in low performing schools graduate from high school and are college and career ready. Members will provide services in four key categories: mentoring, youth engagement, service learning and parent partnership. Member will begin the year by focusing on the daily duties related to mentoring and college guidance. These are grant funded positions and the positions are contingent upon continuation of grant funding.
Requirements of the position are:
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with youth, either as a volunteer or paid
- Passionate about engaging youth and transforming education in Southeastern Kentucky
- State and Federal background checks are required
- Must be eligible to serve as an AmeriCorps member to receive all benefits
- Ability to work within a high energy school environment all day
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Work in target schools and occasionally community sites
- Ability to operate a computer, telephone and other related equipment
An Application to Join the College Staff is required for consideration for this position as is a detailed letter of interest and a current resume. Qualified applicants may obtain an application by downloading the application on line at http://www.berea.edu/people-services/how-to-apply. The review of applications will begin immediately.
Berea College, in light of its mission in the tradition of impartial love and social equality, welcomes all peoples of the earth to learn and work here. Employment decisions are based on training, education and experience related to the requirements of the job. All applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.