Mountain Folk Festival
Berea College Dance Programs
Seabury Center CPO 2159
Berea, KY 40404
78th MOUNTAIN FOLK FESTIVAL
March 28-29, 2014, Seabury Center, Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
Friday, March 28- registration and check in at Seabury, old gym, second floor 8 a.m. (Pre-registrations are necessary for planning and preparing!)
Saturday, March 29 - Dance all day!
Mountain Folk Festival 2014 Dances
1. Gisburn Processional (English)
2. Sellenger’s Round (English)
3. Childgrove (English Longways)
4. Zombies of Sugar Hill (American Contra)
5. Big Set (double bow knot; eight hands over; birdie in the cage;
mountaineer loop; wagon wheel)
6. Gathering Peascods (English)
7. Old Bald Eagle (Singing Game)
8. Totur Fra Vejle (Danish)
9. The Twelve Reel (English trio – Pat Shaw’s version)
10. Louisiana Swing (American Singing Square)
11. Hull’s Victory (American contra)
12. Newcastle (English 4 couple)
Song: May Day Carol
Dining in Berea
At Berea College Food Service: (Sorry, no checks accepted)
- Breakfast: $4.14
- Lunch: $6.09
- Dinner: $8.67
(prices before tax)
PapaLeno’s - pizza and Italian dishes, moderately priced, usually fairly crowded at lunch.
Berea Coffee and Tea - coffee, soups, bagels, sandwiches, bag lunches can be ordered in advance which include sandwich, chips, pickle, drink and, for a bit extra, a big cookie.
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant - moderately priced, fast service and big meals.
Cracker Barrel - Located off of exit 76 near Wal-Mart. Information about menus, prices, and food can be found at Cracker Barrel’s Web site.
China Buffet - $5.95 lunch buffet all-you-can-eat. We’ll have some maps.
Fast Food Restaurants:
|Other motels (All are a short drive from campus)|
|Comfort Inn and Suites||859-985-5500|
|Country InnEcono Lodge||859-986-9324|
|Fairfield Inn and Suites||859-985-8191|
|Super 8 Motel||859-986-8426|
|The Holiday Motel||859-986-9311|
|Holiday Inn Express||859-985-1901|