When I log into Windows, I see a message that says “security log is full.” What do I need to do?
The Security Logs are full, and needs to be cleared.
Clear out the security logs.
- Right-click on “My Computer”
- Select “Manage”
- Select “Event Viewer” from the panel on the right.
- Right-click on each of the items to the right, and select “Clear all items”
- A dialog box will appear asking you to save the log. Select “No”
- Right-click on “Security” and select “Properties”
- At the bottom of the next window select “Overwrite events as needed”
- Select “Ok”
- Close out of open windows.