Changing Your Expired Password on the Web
To change your expired password on the Web:
- Go to Microsoft Outlook for the Web and log in.
- You will see a message similar to the one shown below after logging in.
- To change your password, follow the guidelines below for each of the four fields (shown in the image above):
You must add berea.edu\ before your username. The backslash (\) is generally located above the Enter key on the keyboard. The end result will look similar to berea.edu\username (where username is your username).
This is the password you just used to log into Microsoft Outlook for the Web.
This password must meet the following guidelines to be accepted:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A – Z)
- English lowercase characters (a – z)
- Base 10 digits (0 – 9)
- Non-alphanumeric (!, %)
- Must not contain any of the following non-alphanumeric characters: @ $ & ( ) # ; / , < > ` = and <space>
- Must not contain three or more characters from the user’s name. (For example, you cannot be named John Doe and use John or Doe or JohnDoe in your password.)
Confirm New Password:
Retype the password you entered for New Password.
- Click OK. The following login box will be displayed.
- Use the following guidelines for completing the login box shown above:
You must type in the name as you did for the Account in step 3. Remember, you will need to add berea.edu\ before your username. The backslash (\) is generally located above the Enter key on the keyboard. The end result will look similar to berea.edu\username (where username is your username).
This is the password you just used to log into Microsoft Outlook for the Web. This is not your new password.
- Click OK. The following message will be displayed.
- Click the link Back to https://mail.berea.edu:443/owaand you will be taken back to the Microsoft Outlook for the Web login screen. Test your access by logging in again, except this time using your new password. If you cannot successfully log into Microsoft Outlook for the Web, you will need to contact the ISS Help Desk to have them assist you with resetting your account.
ISS Help Desk