Berea is a nationally recognized comprehensive college offering:
- Bachelor degrees in 32 majors, including arts and sciences and select professional programs, as well as independent, student-designed majors, and a dual- degree engineering program in cooperation with Washington University in St. Louis and the University of Kentucky
- First and most long-lasting college-affiliated nursing program west of the Allegheny Mountains
- 15 teacher education programs.
- 19 national, international, and collegiate academic honor societies
- Student/faculty undergraduate research opportunities in multiple fields.
- Academic credit internships in which 13% of students participated in 2009-10
- Accreditation by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools v