About TRIO Programs
TRIO Programs are Berea College programs that serve high school students from south central Kentucky. Through the TRIO Programs, students get the opportunity to prepare for college while still in high school. At no cost to their families, TRIO students can participate in services such as:
- Cultural Field Trips – Travel to places like Nashville & Cincinnati for Broadway shows & museum visits.
- Career Exploration – Discover a college major that interests YOU.
- Campus Tours – Explore colleges “live & in person.”
- Campus living experience – Spend time living at Berea College & find out what college life is like.
- Unique, Interactive Classes/Workshops – Enjoy new educational experiences unavailable to you in high school.
- Study skills – Learn habits that can improve your grades.
- ACT preparation – Take the test for free & gain skills to improve your score.
- Financial aid form assistance – Find out how to pay for college & apply for grants, scholarships, & loans.
- Help with college applications & essays