- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Business planning and marketing
- Entrepreneurship and creativity
- Community development approaches in Appalachia
- Team project goals
- Two academic credits and a stipend
- Personal growth and satisfaction
At the heart of the EPG program is the Summer Institute, an eight-week study of entrepreneurial leadership through community economic development. Case studies, readings, guest lectures and team projects in partner communities, EPG candidates explore the creation of new ventures in Appalachia.