Pick Up Your Laptop
Through the EDGE (Empowering a Dynamic Generation through Education) program, Berea College provides each student with a laptop computer to use while enrolled. The computer becomes the student’s own property upon graduation from Berea College.
To obtain your new EDGE laptop computer and/or access a college computer, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have a validated college ID card. If you do not have a college ID card, please obtain one from the Student Service Center in Lincoln Hall and make sure it is validated showing that you have made all necessary financial arrangements for the current term. Even though you already have an e-mail account and access to the myBerea portal, you will still need a validated college ID card before you can pick up your student laptop.
- Please read through the IS&S Network Usage Guidelines and the Berea College Computer and Network Policy. You will be responsible for abiding by these rules and guidelines.
- Bring your college ID card to the IS&S Laptop Training and Distribution Appointment. Your orientation packet will contain the specific date, time and location for the appointment.
You will be required to sign a Participation Agreement in order to receive your laptop. This signature binds you to following the guidelines and policies.
- IS&S Network Usage Guidelines
- Berea College Computer and Network Policy
- EDGE Participation Agreement