Food, Lodging, and Travel
Visitors to Berea College’s campus can enjoy a variety of meal options from an elegant dinner of southern cuisine in the dining room at Boone Tavern to a selection of foods in the college cafeteria. Sodexo, which operates the college cafeteria, also provides catering services to spaces on campus.
Boone Tavern Hotel Dining Room
Elegant southern cuisine is the theme at Boone Tavern Hotel’s Bowling Dining Room. Berea College students work as servers and dish up such regionally renowned foods as spoon bread, chicken flakes in a bird’s nest and race day pie. Three meals are served daily at Boone Tavern, with reservations recommended for dinner. Dress in the dining room is tastefully casual.
Sodexo Cafeteria Services
The Berea College cafeteria offers a variety of foods in a relaxed setting. Whether a guest’s taste is vegetarian, homestyle cooking, or pizza and burgers, the cafeteria offers foods to suit. The cafeteria can accommodate up to 500 guests or you can host a private catered banquet or reception in one of the many available spaces in the Crossroads Complex and across campus.
Berea offers a variety of convenient and comfortable lodging options including
- Traveling on Interstate 75 from the south, take exit 76 and bear right at the end of the ramp. Continue on highway 21/25, which runs through campus as Chestnut Street.
- Traveling on Interstate 75 from the north, take exit 76 and take a left at the traffic light. Continue on highway 21/25, which runs through campus as Chestnut Street.
- The Lexington Bluegrass Airport is approximately 45 miles north of Berea. The airport provides rental car services that you can use to get to Berea.
- The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is approximately 100 miles north of Berea.
- The Louisville International Airport is approximately 100 miles from Berea as well.
- Greyhound Bus Lines serves the Berea area. The bus stop is located approximately one-half mile from campus. The phone for the local Greyhound station is (859) 986-5840.