KIIS Summer Programs
The Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS) offers summer programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Quebec. Some KIIS programs focus on language study, while others offer courses in English—from art and music to biology and psychology (the Mexico Pre-Professional Program even offers courses for nursing majors).
In addition, several Berea faculty members teach in KIIS each summer, so you might even end up studying and traveling with your favorite professor! (See “Travel with Your Favorite Professor” in sidebar to see who is teaching next summer.)
Many KIIS programs also meet perspective requirements at Berea College, to help your progress towards graduation.
Applying to KIIS
- Before you apply, meet with:
- Apply for campus approval (and, if applicable, CIE-administered scholarships and grants) online via Abroad Office no later than 15 February.
- Apply for admission to KIIS online via MyKIIS no later than 15 February. A non-refundable $250 application fee is due at the time you apply to KIIS (financial aid is not available to cover this fee).
- Note that you can save $100 on your application if you apply by January 20.
- January 15 is the deadline for KIIS Scholarship application.
KIIS offers two flight options:
- Group flight arranged by KIIS (“Option 2″). Group flights depart from either Cincinnati or Louisville, depending on the program.
- Make your own flight arrangements (“Option 1″). Choose this option if you need to depart from a different airport (e.g., if you are from Atlanta and will be going home prior to the start of the program), or if you plan to stay on after the program to do additional travel. Although you can book your flight through any travel agency or website, we have made special arrangements so that you can purchase your ticket before your financial aid is disbursed.
»See: Travel Arrangements
For general inquiries about KIIS or questions about Berea procedures, contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or (859) 985-3453, or drop by 205 Woods-Penniman.
For program-specific or application questions, contact the KIIS office at Western Kentucky University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (270) 745-4416.