KEI Summer Programs
The Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) offers summer programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America. KEI offers discipline-specific, integrated programs, which means that you may be in class with host country students (as well as students from across the United States).
In addition, Berea faculty members are invited to teach in KEI each summer, so you might even end up studying and traveling with your favorite professor!
Applying to KEI
- Before you apply, meet with:
- Apply for campus approval (and, if applicable, CIE-administered scholarships and grants) online via Abroad Office no later than 15 February.
- Apply for admission online via KEIabroad.org no later than 10 March. A non-refundable $100 application fee is due at the time you apply to KEI (financial aid is not available to cover this fee). Apply and complete your enrollment before 10 March and the application fee will be waived (fee must be paid at time of application but will be deducted from program cost).
Program fees for students admitted to KEI must be paid according to the following schedule:
- $850 enrollment confirmation/damage deposit due within 30 days of admission or no later than 5 April, whichever comes first. If you are awarded CIE-administered scholarships or grants and/or are eligible for a Stafford Loan of at least $850, Berea College will guarantee this payment to KEI on your behalf. The deposit is refundable at the end of the program, minus damages to housing and cell phone (most students get the full refund). If you withdraw from the program, the $850 deposit is non-refundable.
- Balance due within 45 days of admission or 5 May, whichever comes first. If you are receiving financial aid, Berea College will pay the balance to KEI on your behalf.
KEI will advise students about the scheduled airport, arrival date and timeframe for their program. Students must inform KEI of their travel arrangements, including arrival and departure itinerary no later than two weeks before the start of the program. KEI does not make travel arrangements for students.
Although you can book your flight through any travel agency or website, we have made special arrangements so that you can purchase your ticket before your financial aid is disbursed.
»See: Travel Arrangements
For general inquiries about KEI or questions about Berea procedures, contact the Education Abroad Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 985-3453, or drop by 205 Woods-Penniman.
For program-specific or application questions, contact KEI at email@example.com or (800) 931-5095.