External Scholarships for Study Abroad
In addition to funding from Berea College, there are also external scholarships to help pay for a semester or summer abroad. Some of these can be used for programs anywhere in the world (e.g., Gilman International Scholarship), while others are specific to a region or country (e.g., Bridging Scholarship for Japan). Also, some scholarships are applicable only to a semester abroad, while others may be available for summer as well. Finally, some providers (e.g., AustraLearn, SIT Study Abroad, and others) offer scholarships to participants in their programs.
- DiversityAbroad.com Study Abroad Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Global Studies Foundation Student Grant
- National Security Education Program Boren Scholarship
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship
- Freeman-ASIA (East and Southeast Asia)
- Bridging Scholarship (Japan)
- JASSO Scholarship for Exchange Students (Japan)
- BUTEX Scholarship (United Kingdom)
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship (Germany)
Contact the Education Abroad Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.