Education Abroad and Exchanges
Get the most out of your college education through participating in an Education Abroad program, It offers a unique, transformative learning opportunity to…
- Improve your knowledge of another language
- Develop intercultural skills
- Improve your résumé
- Learn about the world, and also about yourself
No other college in the nation offers scholarships and financial aid packages as generous as the ones Berea grants, so you picked the right school for study abroad.
Step by Step
1. See when you become eligible:
2. Talk with your academic advisor to decide when you want to do coursework or an internship abroad:
- Fall or Spring Semester
- Summer Term (BIST)
- Exchange Programs
- Summer Internship
- Post-grad experience
- Discuss what ALE credit or perspectives you can get abroad
3. Take advantage of our services at CIE to pick a program:
- Use our Selection tools to help
- Visit a Peer Advisor for assistance
- Come to one of Berea’s Education Abroad Fairs to make in-person connections with study abroad program providers
- Ask a question via email or make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to Berea for approval and funding and
- Apply directly to the program for admission (if not a Berea program list BIST)
5. Take advantage of all the financial aid opportunities:
- Check out our Berea Scholarships.
- Look at scholarships through your study abroad program.
- Apply for external scholarships. We are here to help you!
- Apply for loans through Berea’s Financial Aid Office. Ask if you brought with you any outside funding that can be utilized for study abroad.
Contact the Education Abroad Team at email@example.com or (859) 985-3453, or drop by Woods-Penniman 205.