Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
Office Hours: TBA
At Berea College since 2008
- B.S., Berea College , 2003
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 2008
Honors and Awards
- 2006 30th National Medicinal Chemistry Symposium Travel Award
- 2005-06 Peter G Glavinos, Jr. Ph.D. Fall Graduate Student Travel Award
Papers and Publications
- Gibson M, Nur-e-alam M, Lipata F, Oliveira MA, Rohr J, “Characterization of Kinetics and Products of the Baeyer-Villiger Oxygenase MtmOIV, the Key Enzyme of the Biosyntheic Pathway Towards the Natural Product Anticancer Drug Mithramycin from Streptomyces argilaceus”, Journal of the American Chemical Society 127(50); 17594-17595, 2005.
- Beam M, Noinaj N, Wehenkel M, Rohr J, “Crystal Structure of MtmOIV, a Baeyer-Villiger Monooxygenase from the biosynthetic pathway of the anticancer agent Mithramycin”, J Biochem in prep.