FEG Promising Practices
This guide is designed to help applicants develop a competitive proposal that moves through the review process more quickly.
Tips for Streamlining and Simplifying Reporting
- Tip 1: If you will be purchasing multiple supplies from a single vendor, consider requesting an open purchase order. Once all supplies have been purchased, the vendor may then issue a single invoice for all expenses. Some vendors may also offer discounts on purchases for using this service. The fewer invoices you have, the easier it is to account for expenses.
- Tip 2: Grantees are required to report on expenses by budget category. Prior to beginning your grant activities create a folder for each budget category. Sorting your expenses as they are accrued will streamline reporting.
- Tip 3: Treat matching funds as you would other grant expenses by collecting and filing appropriate documentation at the point of transaction. All donated goods or services require formal documentation that acknowledges and justifies their value.
- Tip 4: A significant portion of progress reporting involves commenting on your project outputs and outcomes. Try assessing and accounting for progress after each significant project activity or event. It is often easier to account for progress toward meeting project goals a little at a time rather than tackling it all at once. Download a copy of the reporting forms from the website that you can update after each activity, completing your reporting as you go.
- Do you have additional tips to share? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on this page.