KY-ARC Flex-E-Grant Scholarships
Made available with support from the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Kentucky Department for Local Government
Type / availability: Team Scholarship / 25 teams
- Must apply as part of a community team (3 members)
- Must live within a 2013 Kentucky ARC-designated distressed county
- Teams must be committed to taking on community capacity building efforts
- The team must include members from more than one organization
- $250 in scholarship funds for each team member
- Lodging reimbursement at 50% of costs upon submission of receipts – $500 maximum per team
To determine scholarship funding, consideration is given to geographic distribution, promoting new participation, and demonstrated effectiveness with previous development efforts.
Additional Incentives: Following training at the Brushy Fork Annual Institute the community team becomes eligible to apply for a Flex-E-Grant during the January-June 2015 grant cycle. Proposed community projects must meet established ARC guidelines and receive approval via committee review prior to grant award.
All scholarship funds provided by this program have already been awarded. This program is no longer accepting scholarship requests.