KY-ARC Flex-E-Grant Scholarships
Made available with support from the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Kentucky Department for Local Government
Type / availability: Team Scholarship / 25 teams
- Must apply as part of a community team (3 members)
- Must reside within a 2012 Kentucky ARC-designated distressed county
- Teams must be committed to taking on community capacity building efforts
- The team must include members from more than one organization
Scholarship Award: Up to $1250 per team
- $250 in scholarship funds for each team member
- Lodging reimbursement at 50% of actual costs upon submission of receipts – $500 maximum per team
To determine scholarship funding, consideration is given to geographic distribution, promoting new participation, and demonstrated effectiveness with previous development efforts.
Additional Incentives: Following training at the Brushy Fork Annual Institute the community team becomes eligible to apply for a Flex-E-Grant during the Feb-July 2014 grant cycle. Proposed community projects must meet established ARC guidelines and receive approval via committee review prior to grant award.
If you have trouble completing the online application, please download and complete our offline form, which may be submitted via fax or email.