Made available with support from the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Kentucky Department for Local Government
Type / availability: Team Scholarship / 10 teams
- Must apply as part of a community team (2 members)
- Must attend the Community Based Philanthropy track at the Annual Institute
- Must demonstrate commitment to working on a local philanthropy effort
- Must live within a 2011 Kentucky ARC-designated distressed county: Adair, Bath, Bell, Breathitt, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Estill, Fleming, Floyd, Green, Harlan, Hart, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Powell, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley, Wolfe
Scholarship Award: $1050 per team
- Full $525 scholarship for each team member
- Lodging reimbursement credit, limited to $600 per team
As a partner in the Appalachian Rural Development Philanthropy Initiative (ARDPI), Brushy Fork has a small pool of scholarships available for communities committed to working on a local philanthropy effort.
Under this scholarship program, recipients receive full scholarships to the Annual Institute and reimbursement of lodging costs up to $600 per team.