Forms & Instructions for Banner Account Requests
Instructions on How to Complete a Banner Access Application Form
Overview of the Process
Access to the Banner Administrative system may not be granted until the following requirements have been fulfilled:
- Read the Security and Access Policy.
- Complete the Banner Access Application and acquire all necessary signatures.
- Send completed and printed access form to Cary Hazelwood at CPO 2208.
Completing the Form
Please fill out form completely as detailed below. Incomplete forms will be returned to the requester.
- Full Name: Last Name, First Name, Middle Name/Initial
- College ID Number (B#): Your college ID number found on your ID card.
- Job Title: Your official job title.
- Department: The title of your department or program.
- CPO: Your current CPO.
- Phone: Your college phone number.
- Network Username: your network/e-mail username
- Account Action:
- Choose only one:
- Create: To create a new account.
- Modify: To make any changes to an existing account.
- Deactivate: To lock and expire an account.
- Add Nolij Access: Add Nolij access to the account. Requires Network Username to be completed.
- To copy access from an existing Banner account, you must complete the following in the Account Action box:
- Choose one action:
- Add: Adds access from the source account. Requires Banner account username to be listed below on the line “Access from Banner Account”
- Replace With: Removes all previous account access with that of the source account. Requires Banner account username to be listed below on the line “Access from Banner Account”
- Specify the source Banner account username from which the access will be copied on the line “Access from Banner Account.”
- Choose one action:
- Choose only one:
- Notes / Student Banner Username: Specify any non-standard Banner account username in this box (e.g., STUAVP, REGSTU, etc.).
- Objects: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). You must specify Query or Maintenance access for each object listed by adding an “M” or “Q” after a hyphen as a suffix to the object (e.g., SGASTDN-M, POIIDEN-Q). If these are not supplied, the form will be returned.
- Classes: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). Examples of some classes are ADSAS_STUDENT, PURCHASING_FOR_DEPARTMENTS, etc.
- Org / Fund: Select the action to take with those listed in the box (Add, Replace With, or Delete). You must include all org and fund finance accounts in this area or with an attached sheet if additional space is needed. Org / Fund access will not be granted if none are specified.
Copying Access from another Banner Account
When requesting to add or replace access from another Banner account, the request requires signatures in the Liaison Signatures area for each object, class, and/or org and fund that the source Banner account contains. If you need assistance with determining what this access is, please contact
- Print Employee Name: Your printed name.
- Employee Signature: Your signature.
- Date: The date you signed the Employee Signature area.
- Print Supervisor Name: Your printed supervisor’s name.
- Supervisor Signature: Your supervisor’s signature.
- Date: The date your supervisor signed the Supervisor Signature area.
- Liaison Signatures Required: Signature(s) of each liaison from which you are requesting access (e.g., if you are requesting Student and Finance access, you would need signatures from both liaisons). See below for reference on liaison module responsibilities.
|Object Prefix||Department||Functional Liaison|
|Alumni / College relations||Sue Johns|
|General||Supervisor or other as needed|
|Facilities Management||Becky Berheide|
|Position Control (HR – Payroll)||Carolyn Castle|
|Financial Aid||Theresa Lowder|
|Accounts Receivable (Finance)||David Wilkerson|
|? – Second letter is object prefix to be used above|
Submitting the Form
In order to be compliant with audit guidelines, only printed forms can be submitted. E-mail and electronic submissions cannot be accepted.
Please return the completed, printed form to:
(Acting Banner Access and Security Administrator)
Web & Learning Resources Coordinator
Hutchins Library, Room 211