Loyal Jones Appalachian Center Funding
The application process and funding is administered by the Loyal Jones Appalachian Center. Applicants will receive e-mail notification of approval/denial of their request.
No more than $250 will be distributed to an individual student per academic year.
The LJAC has funding available to students for specific kinds of educational experiences. In order to receive funding you must:
- Submit the official application for LJAC Funding via email to Chris Green, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject heading: “LJAC Student Funding”
- Use the funding for educational travel, conferences, or research. This can be related to a class, or a personal pursuit, but it must be a primarily educational experience.
- The experience must also relate to Appalachia.
- You must submit your application at least 3 weeks in advance in order to receive funds in a timely manner.
- You must submit a 500 word essay reflecting on your experience, within 30 days of the experience. If an essay is not submitted, further funding will not be available in the future.