Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is included in the $1200 per-person fee? Hotel rooms? All meals or some? A la carte or fixed menu? Service charges? Music and other entertainment?
Once you arrive in Berea, everything is covered: all lodging, all transport, all entertainment, etc. Sometimes food is fixed; other times it is based on choice. Of course if you have any “incidentals,” that would be your responsibility. But honestly, there has never been a need for “incidentals.” I hope this answers your question.
- Is there an additional fee for single occupancy?
Yes, the total for single occupancy is $1350.
- How to best get there? Fly to Lexington, Ky., and then drive to Berea and leave car somewhere?
It’s best to fly to Lexington, Ky., and then drive to Berea, which is about 35 miles south. It’s quite possible that we would shuttle folks from Lexington to Berea and then back again, so I would make any flight arrangements and then wait for word from us about transportation between Lexington and Berea and return (I can almost assure you that we would be quite willing to take care of this).
- When does it actually start? Schedule seems to imply a hotel night before the program begins. Is this correct and is that Tuesday night the 21st? If so, how does that work out with the 7 nights of accommodations listed?
Good question. The $1200 includes stays at Boone Tavern on June 22 and June 23 and June 28 (and all stays between June 23 and 28). So yes, if you arrive on June 21, you may want to reserve a room at Boone Tavern. That number is 859-985-3700.
- How many people actually go on the trip? Is all transportation via the bus in the pictures?
We are limiting this trip to 24 people. We may or may not use the large Berea College bus.
- Is there any problem with obtaining No Smoking rooms where we stay?
We have requested this option and do not anticipate any problems.